A joint statement was released on 21st September 2015, by Goa, Uttarakhand and Meghalaya where these states have signed a joint statement of reforms with the Central Government in order to enable 24×7 power supplies to consumers.
The joint statement highlighted the five-point agenda for these states:
- An increase in power generation from local energy sources
- An improvement in the inter-state transmission network,
- Enhancement of the use of renewable energy and
- Enhancement of the use of energy-efficient measures.
- Strong communication, information technology and monitoring division.
Fulfilling these agendas will improvise the quality of life of the consumers and also promote economic developments overall.
The above update has been taken from Business Standard’s article published on 22nd September, 2015 which can be accessed here.