Orissa Electricity Regulatory Commission released the notification on Procurement of energy from Renewable Sources on 10th October, 2015. This regulation set the basic principle for promoting the sale of power from renewable sources to any person within the state of Orissa. Below mentioned are the key points of the regulation:
- These regulation shall be applicable to all Obligated entities in the state of Orissa, the obligated entities include :
- Distribution Licensee or any other entity procuring power on their behalf and;
- Any person consuming electricity
a) Generated from Conventional Captive Generating plant having capacity of 1MW and above for his own use and or
b) Procured from conventional generation through open access and third party sale.
- Every Obligated Entity shall meet its RPO target from its own Renewable Sources or by purchase of REC’s or procurement of power from other developer of Renewable Energy Sources.
- The minimum quantity of energy to be procured from Renewable Sources by obligated entity is mentioned in the table below :
- The Cross Subsidy Surcharge is exempted for procurement of power through third party sale from Renewable Energy Sources.
- No Banking facility is provided for supply (Third Party sale) from Renewable Energy Sources through open access.
- The energy generation from Third Party sale in each 15 min time block shall be set off against the captive/open access users’ consumption in the same 15 min time block.
In closure we would like to say that this regulation would help the state of Orissa to comply with its solar and non solar RPO targets and promote the procurement of renewable energy.
The detailed document can be accessed here.