Chhattisgarh State Electricity Regulatory Commission (Intra-state Availability Based Tariff and Deviation Settlement) Regulations, 2016
The Forum of Regulators (FoR) had come up with model regulations for forecasting and scheduling at the intra-state level last year. In line with that Chhattisgarh recently came up with its Intra-state deviation settlement Regulation.
- The regulations will be applicable on all wind and solar generators with individual or combined capacity of 5MW and above that are connected to the state grid
- Deviation will be calculated on the basis of available capacity
The draft regulations are in-line in every aspect with the model F&S regulations released by FoR earlier. However, the model FoR regulations had proposed a 10% deviation band for new projects and 15% for existing projects. Chhattisgarh has proposed a 10% band for all projects for both Solar and Wind.
Forum of Regulators have recently come up with model regulation for forecasting and scheduling and deviation settlement mechanism. The primary objective is twofold:
a) Facilitate large-scale grid integration of solar and wind generating stations, and b) maintaining grid stability and security.
Highlights of the regulation are below: -
- All solar and wind generators connected to State grid have to provide day-ahead and week-ahead schedule – Revisions can be made on a one-and-half hourly basis.
- Payment for generation shall be as per actual generation (this is different from the inter-state regulation, where payment is on the basis of scheduled generation).
- The deviation slab has been kept as (+/-) 10% for all generators at Intra-state level.
Settlement calculation or Intra-state sale of power is as follows:
In case of Intra-State transmission, Penalty Mechanism for wind/solar generators:
The regulation can be accessed here.