Gujarat Electricity Regulatory Commission has recently issued Forecasting, Scheduling, Deviation Settlement, and related matters of solar and wind generation sources regulations, 2019 on 19th January 2019. The notifications are effective from the date of notification, however, the deviation charges specified in the regulations will be effective from 1st August 2019.
The key points of the regulations are as below:
- Deviation accounting:
Absolute Error in % = Actual Generation – Scheduled Generation /Available Capacity (AvC)
- Eligibility criteria: The regulations will apply to all wind and solar generators having a combined installed capacity above 1 MW connected to the state grid/substation, including those connected via pooling stations, and selling generated power within or outside the state or consuming power generated for self-consumption.
- Forecasting and scheduling code: Revision of schedule will be allowed if the revision is more than 2% of the previous schedule. For wind energy-based generations, maximum 16 intra-day and for a solar energy-based generation, a maximum of 9 intra-day revisions will be allowed.
- Aggregation is not allowed of more than one pooling stations or individual generating station connected to a substation.
- QCA or the wind and solar generator can submit “Day-ahead” and a “week-ahead” schedule by 9 am every day for each pooling station or each generating station, wherein the Day-ahead schedule can contain wind or solar energy generation schedule at intervals of 15 mins (time-blocks)for the next day, starting from 00:00 hours of the day, and prepared for all 96 time-blocks and Week-Ahead schedule shall contain the same information for the next seven days.
- The revisions of schedules for solar generators will be effective form 4th time block and there can be maximum of 9 revisions during the day starting from 5:30 hours to 19:00 hours of that day.
- The revisions for a wind generating plants will be applicable for the entire 24 hours in a day.
- The QCA will provide payment security to the extent of 110% against the deviation charges in form of Bank Guarantee. The payment security amount for the first year will be worked out considering average deviations observed during the mock trial dor different set of sites:
- Wind generating plant of approximately 50 MW capacity at pooling sub-station.
- Solar generating plant of approximately 25 MW capacity at pooling sub-station.
The table for the deviation charges and deviation limits is given below:
Deviation charges for wind operators
Deviation charges for solar generators