Recently, the Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission published an order on various petitions on the Forecasting & Scheduling regulations. The order discusses queries on several procedural difficulties that the RE generators & QCAs are facing in the implementation of the regulations. MERC has made changes to many aspects of the original regulations so as to enable smooth implementation of DSM in the states.
The key points of the order are as below:
- Additional time granted for commercial implementation of DSM – to be effective from Jan 1, 2020
- Detailed requirements for metering, AMR installation and meter readings provided. Till AMR is fully in place, meter readings to be done on a monthly basis
- Limited aggregation os smaller PSS (<20MW; connected at 33KV) allowed with the nearest larger PSS
- SLDC to revise procedures in light of the order and submit to MERC for approval
- MERC declined to revise clause pertaining to additional DSM charges due to RE deviation at the state periphery
- Payment security from PSU’s and companies in NCLT can be provided directly to SLDC either in the form of deposit or electronic LCs
- Various other clarifications provided on procedural matters
This order has comes as a huge relief to the RE generators.